Friday 4 November 2011

Life is a Puzzle

Life is a puzzle, all of our experiences fit together to make each of us very unique individuals. Every choice, positive or negative, success or failure, each emotion and relationship, opportunities seized and lost make us who we are. We learn from each piece, gaining insight about ourselves. Some puzzles are very intricate with lots of twists and turns, others contain plenty of detail and are beautiful to look at, both can be intriguing. And, like every individual the assembly of a puzzle can be a  labour of love and well worth a conscience effort.


Unlike the mass production of commercial puzzles a life is one of a kind. No two are alike, if we were all the same the world would be a very boring place to live? The experiences, perspective and opinions that we each have make us unique but also is what makes us fit together. Everyone has something to contribute. Every experience has a purpose and often much time is spent looking for one particle piece to complete a puzzle only to find it was right in front of us all the time.

I'm beginning to look more closely at my own life puzzle, family, career,  relationships, choices, milestones and celebrations and trying to understand how they all fit together. Sometimes it brings up mixed emotions, heartbreak, sadness, happiness, humour, bad memories and fond memories but they all have worked together to make me who I am. If any one of those pieces had been situated differently, or not at all, I would be a different person. I like who I am and what I have become, I wouldn't change anything about me or the choices I have made. If just one experience had been different I may not have the husband or children I have, I may not have reached my health or fitness goals, the quality of life, the peace of mind or any of the amazing aspects of my life that I adore. In the moment we tend not to see the whole picture of how it will all fit together, however, there is a reason for everything and it is all part of the bigger "puzzle" of life. That's not to say we can't, at times, manipulate the pieces to achieve a desired outcome, we can and should. Life doesn't just happen it evolves and we can direct and shape the pieces to create it the way we want. Not everything can be controlled but with a conscience effort the bigger pieces of the puzzle can shape the beauty of the finished product.  

So rather than lamenting over past mistakes and my 'woulda, coulda, shoulda's, I am embracing my unique life. I consider my personal  experiences as learning opportunities, pearl's of wisdom which I can impart on others. Embrace and honour your experiences, one puzzle 
piece can not complete the entire picture and the puzzle is never complete (and don't be afraid to ask for help).


Every piece impacts the whole... 









No comments:

Post a Comment